Oxygen sensor is an indispensable component in engine using ternary catalytic converter to reduce exhaust pollution. As the air-fuel ratio of the mixture deviates from the theoretical air-fuel ratio, the purifying ability of the ternary catalyst for CO, HC and NOx will decrease dramatically. Therefore, oxygen sensors are installed in the exhaust pipe to detect the concentration of oxygen in the exhaust gas and send a feedback signal to the ECU. Then, the ECU controls the increase or decrease of the injector fuel volume, thus the air-fuel of the mixture will be reduced. The ratio is near the theoretical value.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Characteristics of blower
- Blower structure
- The working principle of centrifuga...
- Composition of blower
- Heater fuel pump definition
- Fuel heater type
- The function of oxygen sensor
- Oxygen sensor principle
- Advantages of oxygen sensors
- How to clean the throttle valve
- Use&Maintain about radiator
- Breakdown Maintenance-Radiator